Sunday, December 14, 2014

Aerial, a sculpture

My latest sculpture Aerial
was created with the support of staff of the IWA (Irish Wheelchair Association)
 at the outreach Centre in Dungarvan, which I now attend almost every week.

I needed a little help with the rolling of clay and some of the painting. 
Staff support me in whatever way they can.
Even other members became part of the project. 
Like making the little mouse at the bottom of the ladder, and the knitting of her blanket.

It was interesting to experience how the sculpture evolved 
through the influence of the centre and the people.

I had the overall shape in mind,
but as others were working with driftwood, shells and twine from the beach, 
this found its way into my work.

Thank you all who were involved!

"Aerial" is available for €350, but with the understanding that the sculpture is available for the exhibition and book launches in September 2015
To reserve her, please email me
Aerial (detail), Sculpture by Corina Duyn 2014

Aerial (detail), Sculpture by Corina Duyn 2014

Aerial 58x20x15cm, Sculpture by Corina Duyn 2014
Articles published in IWA Magazine see here 

ps. As I no longer have a Facebook or Twitter account (find it all too confusing...) but you think this Blog deserves to make a presence there, please feel free to link it on your page. Thank you!

1 comment:

Corina Duyn said...

a comment I received via email, but which I'd like to share with you...

"Aerial" - uncannily almost a living being - truly a bean Si - not a banshee as in the screaming harbinger of death but as a Fairy Woman, a Spirit come, called out of the Ether, fashioned, Corina from your intensely magical inspiration and your connection to the seldom seen reality of the other dimension, that lives in tandem with this life. She stays in my mind. "Aerial" has already imprinted herself on my conscious unconscious - this magical faery being quietly dreaming of angels and sprites and goodness of life - a blanket woven with colour and love to cover her while she rests.... I am in awe of your work Corina, bringing with your heart and hands this delicate yet strong little being to life!!
Well done, and do pace yourself well as you do, for this work is pulled out from your own very being and in doing this you really need to mind yourself well, le gach dea-ghui agus beannach ort 'is ar do chuid oibre. (Irish for: with every best wish and a blessing on you and your work)
D.